Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Signs you didn't get enough sleep last night

An undeveloped "market" has recently come to my attention. Let's say you're not a good judge of whether the amount of sleep you had the night before was adequate. How can you tell? Who do you turn to? No need to worry... a book is in the works:

"Signs you didn't get enough sleep last night":

-As you begin to awaken and sit up in bed, you start to fall asleep again, while sitting upright.

-The pillow wrinkles on your face are more noticable than last week's black eye.

-Your first thought after gaining coherency is "...cofffffee..."

-Your eyeballs feel like they might sink into their sockets.

-It takes you more than a minute to remember why you walked into a room.

-You ask your boss the all-important question, "You know today's Wednesday, don't you?" (He then looks at you like you're missing a few bolts.)

-You laugh almost uncontrollably at random, mundane thoughts.

Please, I am running low on material. In order for my book to actually be picked up and published, I will need other "signs" people have experienced...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have full phone conversations that you don't remember ever having :)

Emily said...

Ok, I'm completely confused...

Emily said...

Anonymous, please make yourself known.

Emily said...

If you're referring to the email I sent you, that was sent weeellll before the phone call. You would realize this if you looked at the date of the message.

Jonathan Erdman said...

The pillow wrinkles on your face are more noticable than last week's black eye.

On that note...you need to stop fighting with people - I noticed you had a shinner.

Emily said...

I'm afraid the IUSB crowd I'm hanging out with is starting to influence me. You know those Master of Science in Accounting students. Tough crowd.

Anonymous said...

okay to clarify the comment I left, you asked for more suggestions on how to tell you have not gotten enough sleep, so I said : having phone converstations you don't remember having. Sorry to confuse you em!

Emily said...

Ah, I thought it might be you. Sorry for going off at the start. I was confusing your comment as being from another friend.

Emily said...

Miranda, thank you for being the first official commentator on my blog! When I syndicate, I'll give a percentage of the profits to you!