Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Greatest Good

I read an article tonight about an Equadorian woman serving in India. (The article starts on page 4, but there's other interesting stuff, too.) There were many interesting details, but the one that sticks out to me is an obvious sign she received from God. One of those "Okay, God, you have something for me but how can I do that?" followed by an almost immediate "Follow me this way!"

Sometimes I forget that God is really there. I know He is. I believe in Him and His Son. I'm trusting and relying. But I can get used to just praying, asking for something without truly expecting an obvious answer. Of course, His answers aren't always immediate or obvious... Sometimes (or almost always) they're, "Wait. Listen. Trust."

There's a poster I see on occasion that says something to the extent of, "Trust is believing that God has my greatest good at heart when he says no." I sometimes forget that God's "No" or "Wait" is in fact an answer, not just Him taking the easy way out.

No comments: