Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Jinx!

Time: 10:41 p.m.
Place: A booth at a Subway inside of a gas station
Reason: I just hit a deer.

I'm afraid I jinxed myself by putting up a poll about what car I might get if I ever decide to trade up. Okay. Time to come clean: I grazed a deer. But part of it is still very much attached to my car. (I always wanted a red car... not.) So here I am sipping an o.j. (I'm craving it because of my slight cold.) I'm waiting for my dad to get here so he can follow me the rest of the way home (just in case.) I'm still shaking a little bit. Let me tell you--I thanked God it wasn't anything worse.

I "called it in" with the Marshall County Sheriff's Dept., but we'll see the damage. I don't feel like spending much $$$. Again... yet to see the cost/insurance coverage, etc.

I'll have to borrow one of my parent's cars in the meantime. Yeah '90s Buicks! Ugghh. I prefer my little Saturn. Complain, complain... I'm fine. That's what matters. When driving at night, I sometimes morbidly imagine what might go wrong. Then I distract myself with music.

An update will follow later in the week. Maybe I'll post something happy! (Before hitting/grazing the deer, I was thinking about looking into songs that tell you to close or open your eyes--half of them are Snow Patrol.)

Oh, and if you see a deer wandering around Central Marshall County with half it's body missing, please tell it I'm sorry. :)

5 comments:

Emily said...

While I'm at it...

My dad has told us since who know when that when an animal (such as a deer) is in your path, almost drive as if you don't see it. Do not swerve. Maybe slow down a little. But don't pound the breaks. I followed this advice last night, and for all I know, if I had reacted differently, I might be in a different position.

Emily said...

I just realized... Normally I don't pray for safety for myself for normal weekly activities. It just doesn't cross my mind. But I felt like it a few nights, so I did... Hmmm.

Beautifully Profound said...

Well, glad to hear you're alright. You must have been scared out of your mind. I know I would have been. Glad to know your car isn't totaled either. That wouldn't have put you in a good position at all. Anyway, take care and watch out for suicidal deer.

Melody said...

Glad you're ok - that's one of the things I hate about Indiana, all the blasted animals treat the road like their sidewalk.

Emily said...

Yes, I am glad I was kept safe. Although maybe I can get away with saying I have head trauma for the next week or two... What? No... I don't remember how that got there...