Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dirty Business

Okay, I have to post this... So I'm at work, the fax line rings more than just a few times, so I pick it up and say my little script saying who I am and the office I'm at. A lady immediately starts in about her pet and something about a stool sample. I'm thinking, Oh, my! Definitely wrong number. After asking me a question about when she can drop of her pet, I tell her again what office it is she called. It turns out the vet's office she was trying to call has the same number as our fax number. (So she says.) But if this is the case, why is this the first call for the vet's office that I know about? She had to have written down the vet's number incorrectly.

I think I'll stick to my current job. I don't feel a pull in the direction of taking care of animals' dirty business.

2 comments:

Melody said...

People never listen to the person who answers the phone - you could answer it, "Hello, this is Emily's Rent-a-Hitman, who can we kill for you today?" and no one would notice.

Emily said...

I would be tempted to do that, for a day. Something to keep in mind for April 1st... But my boss... I know! On caller id, if it looks like a telemarketer... Nah.

My dad says I should have told her to bring her pooch right over. He's mean.