Monday, November 26, 2007

Surely I Can Trust Him

I'm a complainer. I might not whine out loud very often, but my head can be filled with empty complaints. The slightest thing and I'll think, "Woe is me!" Especially when it comes to the unknown or requests I have brought to God. But I've seen Him working recently. He's guided my steps on some questions I've had for a few months. Surely I can trust Him with my other unknowns.

And the ultimate matter in my life is resolved: I am safe. Eternally safe. No matter how I mess up on this side of life, the blood Jesus shed on the cross for my sins covers me. He can be trusted.

24but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26Such a high priest meets our need-one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

(Hebrews 7:24-28)

No comments: