Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

I am the designated candy-passer-outer at my house. If I didn't do it, it wouldn't get done, so I feel the need to step up and fill this vital role.

After two hours and 135 visitors, I felt like a broken record. "Hey! Here you go! You're welcome!" On occasion I got to say, "You okay?" if one of the little ones fell over on our step.

The number of visitors this year is probably close to what we had last year. But for some reason, I prepared for 210 visitors... so we've got some leftover candy.

Dad suggested saving it for next year. Yeah, right. Even if every single piece of candy is something I can't stand, if it is in the house, it will find a way to disappear. Luckily, I had the sense to buy things I like to some degree. The chocolates will be the first to vanish. The hard candies will eventually follow, but only after some time has passed.

Maybe I'll prepare for around 150 next year. No more than 175! Or, how about as the evening progresses, I give out more than just 3 pieces per child, as I see fit? This last option is probably the most commonsensical, so therefore I must ignore it.

"And what were your favorite costumes that you saw?" you might ask. "Why, the superhero costumes, of course!" I would reply.

3 comments:

Melody said...

We thought that since we live in a big neighborhood we would have lots of kids - like you did.

Oh no. We had one little boy towards the very end of the evening. But, you will be happy to know that he was dressed as Superman.

Unknown said...

Sorry for your disappointment. But Superman saved the day!

Robin Marie said...

It was pretty sad and pathetic. We were a little over-prepared.