Friday, November 23, 2007

Remember the Days When...

  • You tried to make cream of wheat all by yourself, but find that it is still too difficult for you. (The proportions got reversed and it became rock of wheat.)
  • You got in trouble with your mom for saying, "Crap!"
  • You were sent to your room for throwing pizza at your little brother. (He made you angry, so you threw at him what was in front of you... The sauce got in his eyes and he cried like a baby.)
  • You wanted a U2 cd for your birthday, but your mom didn't approve. (He called Sunday "bloody!" It's a holy day!)
  • You couldn't wait to grow up so you could have your own place with your own rules.

4 comments:

Melody said...

lol, oh dear, I wasn't even allowed to have a Jars of Clay cd when I was in early highschool ("They're so depressing!") or Newsboys ("They talk about barbequing a hamster! What kind of people are they?!") and DC Talk was seriously questionable ("Look at the picture of them, would you expect me to be happy if you brought someone who looked like that home to meet us?!")

Needless to say I never would have broached the subject of a U2 cd.

I can't believe you threw pizza at your little brother! You always seem so...unprovokable. Well, brothers will try anyone's patience.

I still get in trouble with my mom for saying "Crap!"

Unknown said...

Yeah, my mom thinks "crap" is a swear word too.

My dad is actually the one who introduced me to U2. Though my favorite Christmas gift ever was when my brother gave me a barenaked ladies CD a few years ago...because my mom was quite scandalized. I had to assure her that it was just a bunch of crazy Canadians and that the music wasn't scandalous.

Emily said...

Melody, the closer you get to me, the more in danger you are. Of course I have matured a little since the pizza incident.

Pauline! Hope the semester's going well for you! Will you be around much for Christmas?

Unknown said...

Actually, my semester is kind of sucking...I'm counting the days til it's done. But at least it's almost done!

I'll be at my parents house Dec. 19 or 20-ish until the day after Christmas, and then again from Jan 1 or 2-ish until the 3rd-ish. We should definitely get together sometime in there.