Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"Now is the Best Time to Quit" w/ Special Guest "Hot Beverage Vending Machines"

Walking from my car to my classroom last night, I saw a poster that said, "Now is the best time to quit," in big letters. There was a small cigarette somewhere on it, and I knew it was referring to smoking, but my mind immediately fell on school.

Yes! Now is the best time to quit! Just as projects are nearing due dates and uncertainty about what I'm doing is creeping up on me again, maybe I should just turn around, walk back to my car, and drive home, never to return again. If anyone asks me what happened, I can tell them I only obeyed the sign they posted by the entrance.

I do plan on sticking out the rest of the semester and taking another class next semester. But I'm not completely convinced this is my thing.

Also, I would highly discourage you from sampling the offerings of the hot beverage vending machines sprinkled throughout the IUSB buildings. The coffees (whether regular, decaf, or latte) are all somewhat decent. They do in fact resemble their labels. However, the hot chocolate has a strong metallic flavor, and the tea looks and tastes like very weak coffee.

3 comments:

Beautifully Profound said...

Glad to hear you're going to stick it out. I am sure it could be worse.

Ew, metal tea and hot cocoa. Bleck

Beautifully Profound said...

PS good job on NaBloPoMo so far!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you kindly!