Thursday, November 8, 2007

My Alarm Clock, the Morning, and Me

The first few times my alarm goes off in the morning, I'm not necessarily ready to get up. And most of the time, I don't even realize that my alarm went off. I'm so out-of-it that I think something else happened.

Like today. My alarm goes off. I roll over, annoyed, thinking some stupid Frenchman made an annoying comment on my blog. I think, "Annoying Frenchman!" and push the snooze button, thinking I have silenced the evil Frenchman. (Apparently I hate France. Who knew?)

A few buzzings later, and I realize... there is no evil Frenchman. All that exists is my alarm clock, the morning, and me.

Some other morning imaginings I have had include being involved in a debate with some friends, meeting with a client at work, and finishing a tax return. I'm sure there's more, though.

2 comments:

Melody said...

lol, that's hillarious.

Beautifully Profound said...

Is that your reoccurring dream? Evil Frenchmen? Mine's zombies.