Friday, August 1, 2008

All-Exclusive Family Vacation

Tomorrow morning the fam will head south to visit family, leaving me with a list of duties to make sure get done while they're gone. They're very simple things, such as getting the mail, checking for phone messages, watering the lawn, and taking out the trash. But they're things I don't normally do. Any bets I'll go a few days forgetting some of them?

Also, they'll be taking our best vehicle, the newer of our Buicks. It makes sense, considering the distance they're going. Then I'll get to drive our second best car, the little Saturn I used to call mine that my brother now uses. (That's right, the one that made friends with a deer last fall.)

We're a strange family, swapping vehicles as the occasion calls for it. The first few times my boss saw me come to work in one car and leave in another (because a family member switched cars with me partway through the day), he seemed to get a little confused. I guess it does confuse even me at times. A few days ago I filled up the Buick's tank only to realize that it did me no good (because it will be out of the state for a week). Phooey. I hope the Saturn's full. Even if it's not, though, it'll be much less than my usual "boat-of-a-car" Buick fill-up.

No comments: