Thursday, October 4, 2007

Pushing Daisies

I had no intention of watching the new show "Pushing Daisies" last night. But it was on, and I wanted background noise while I printed off a million pages of reading material for a class.

It was adorable! I have a new favorite show! Well, maybe it ties or comes in a close second to "The Office."

The premise is interesting... A guy (Ned) has the power to bring back to life whomever he touches, however, he has to touch him/her again within one minute or someone else will die in the person's place. (You can't cheat death.) BUT if he touches that person ever again, he/she will die for good. You can imagine Ned's life has its quirks with such a power.

In the first episode, he brings to life a female childhood friend (Chuck) to try to find out about her murderer. But he can't bring himself to touch her before the minute is over, so she lives (causing someone else to die). But if they ever touch again, Chuck will die. (Sniff.) And it turns out they kind of have a thing for each other, so it is painfully cute to watch. I'm hoping Ned finds a way around his curse in a future episode.

Did anyone else watch it? Thoughts?

3 comments:

Robin Marie said...

That sounds cute and depressing all rolled into one! I guess I'll have to watch it, now won't I?

Emily said...

Yes! If I'm correct, you can watch the first episode online at abc's website.

Melody said...

I think I would get frustrated, but it's hard to know without watching it.