Friday, October 26, 2007

Pre-K Joys

Most know me as Emily. But to some, I am Miss Emily...

Sometimes I help out in a Pre-K Sunday School class. All the kids have their own ways of being cute. Some have ways of trying to be in charge.

One of the kids has recently found the need to refuse washing his hands after using the boys' room. As I stand guard in the doorway, he starts exiting. I ask, "Did you wash your hands?" and position myself to block him from exiting the premises. He replies with "Yes!" I quickly respond with the grown up "I didn't hear any water. Let's wash your hands." I attempt to guide him to the sink at which point the boy insists I am trying to hurt him and exclaims, "I'm going to tell my mom!" I quickly proclaim, "Go ahead. Tell your mom I'm trying to get you to wash your hands." The joys of being a grown up.

We have a little singing segment during the morning, too. Without fail, every time the teacher asks them what song they want to sing, many of them insist on The B-I-B-L-E. We'll sing it a few times. Then we'll ask them what other song they want to sing. Guess what they all agree on? The B-I-B-L-E! This happens almost every Sunday.

I guess I'm not much better. At work I'll listen to the same cd or song multiple times in a row. But they last longer than just 20 seconds.

No comments: