Monday, October 8, 2007

Add Spice to Your Day!

I never cease to amaze myself. I am brilliant! Let me expound...

Most people (ordinary people) think that a good day involves the usual: get up, go to work, come home, do a few other activities (maybe go to class), and go to bed. That's okay. That's ordinary. But that's not good enough for me. I need to add a little spice to my day. I need to lock my keys in my car. Yes, you read me right: lock your keys in your car to add spice to your day. It completely changes the feel.

Instead of exiting your evening class at 9:40 p.m. and going straight home, you need to dig around your bag for a full three minutes to realize that your keys are not buried underneath your auditing book or umbrella. Then you need to go to your car, hoping against hope that for some reason the car is unlocked (even though you vividly remember locking it--someone could steal something!) You need to unsuccessfully open your car door and then look longingly at the keys sitting on your seat. Proceed back inside, find a nice janitor who is willing to let you borrow his cell phone, call your parents (like a lost little girl--see a theme?)...

So here I am at a computer at IUSB while I'm waiting for my parents (not one, but both of them) to get here for the sole purpose of unlocking my car door. Then they get to go back home. With all of this, it will take up 2.5 hrs of my parents' time. 5.0 hrs if you add up each of their 2.5 hrs. That makes me feel... Not good. I apologized a few times on the phone to my parents, but somehow, that doesn't seem to cancel out my absentmindedness. Alzheimers, here I come!

But the plus side is, I get to add a new adventure to my IUSB experience!

2 comments:

Melody said...

I can completely sympathize.

Actually - that reminds me, I only have one key to my car right now and I should have another one made before I'm having to explain to the police department why being locked out of my car will ruin my life.

Emily said...

A note to semi-truck drivers:

If it is pouring down rain, please use caution. Slow down, look in your rear-view mirrors, look at the road and the cars around you!

My mom was about to have a heart attack on our trip back home with some just-misses we had. One involved two semis at that same time!

I have the feeling someone has been hired to... what's the term?