Thursday, February 21, 2008

TurboNote Gods

A Mr. Jonathan Erdman requested I blog about a work occurance. I deliberated, thinking the occurance quite bland and uninteresting. But then I thought, Hey, so's everything else, so...

There's a program we use at work called TurboNote. It's basically a way of instant messaging someone through their computer in our office. Don't feel like getting up to tell your boss something? Send him a TurboNote! You can also set one to pop up at certain times for a reminder or just use them to store information that you'll want to look up later. It's a very handy system... if it works.

If it doesn't work, you can go crazy. From Tuesday of last week through Monday of this week my TurboNotes just refused to show up three different times. Three times! A few measly ones hung around, but the others were BLANK. Nothing on them. It's not an "Oh my goodness the world just ended and I'm left behind" situation, because there's the option of restoring them and then deleting the extra blank notes that are left. This works okay. But doing this three different times in less than one week is frustrating. Especially when you tend to keep over 100 notes around on your computer.

So now I am trying to remember to close out of the program before I restart my computer or leave it alone for the night/weekend, hoping this appeases the TurboNote gods. And I'm making Jon do the same.

For those of you who don't know, Jon and I used to work together. He left, but has returned to plug in some time during the annual festival called "tax season." The times he comes in are when I'm already gone, so he gets to use my computer. His help is much appreciated!

2 comments:

Melody said...

Our inwork communication system is unreliable too...but the plus side is that if I didn't want to deal with something (ex. "We've schedule an appointment for you over your lunch break") I don't have to acknowledge that I know anything about it!

Though I suppose if I were writing reminders to myself that would be obnoxious. I usually set those on my phone calander though.

Jonathan Erdman said...

I wonder if that will, in fact work.....I remember having that happen before, in the past (when the notes blow out)......hhhhmmmmmm.....i believe i remembered to shut down TN last night.