Wednesday, February 27, 2008

2 > 1

For a couple of months now I've had two computer screens at work. When I first found out my boss was buying a second one for me, I thought the second would be unnecessary and annoying. But within little time I have come to love my new setup. Here's why.

1) It allows me to look at two different things at the same time. This leads to less time switching between screens (and also less frustration due to memory loss of what I was just looking at.)

2) It automatically makes me look more technologically savvy. Always a good thing.

3) Why have one of something when you can have more?

However, there is one main drawback. If I have the urge to glance out of the window, I cannot see everything, for my second monitor blocks part of the view. I have to move from my slightly slouched position to an upright and slightly out-of-chair position to see. But my three reasons for far outweigh my one reason against.

5 comments:

Ken said...

Maybe that's why you the second screen. Carl is trying to keep you from starring out the window all day. :-P

Unknown said...

Karl w/ a "K". And I didn't stare out the window all day. Let's say you hear screeching tires. What's that? you think. Then you look out of the window.

Ken said...

wow, I messed up my grammar a couple times. The Karl thing was second. The first was supposed to be "maybe that's why you have the second screen." Oops

Miranda said...

I think the 2 screen thing must be the latest fad. Ball State has made every computer on campus 2 screen. I guess it is helpful in some situations, but I think they could have used the money on other things!

Unknown said...

I'm with you Miranda...seems like the money could be better spent. Haven't seen any 2 screen computers at IU yet. But then, IU just spent a bunch of money paying the liar of a basketball coach to take a hike...

If only Karl and Carl were pronounced differently...it would be so much nicer...my brother's name is Karl and my brother-in-law's name is Carl...good times.