Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Florida

This morning as I was sitting at the dining room table eating breakfast, I watched the morning news/talk show that my mom had on. They were interviewing synchronized swimmers who had just performed in Florida. Spectators were wearing shorts and t-shirts. I looked out of the window at the newly fallen snow and then at my mom and said, "I wouldn't mind taking a trip to Florida." She smiled at me and replied with something like, "You can." I followed with, "Yeah, but it's tax season." The time of year that I most want to go to Florida to see my grandparents and aunts also happens to be the time it would be highly inconvenient. Blaaaaahhhh!

14 comments:

Miranda said...

Florida would be nice, especially on a day like today. We do need to go down and visit Katie sometime, maybe that can be our excuse. :)

Unknown said...

Yes! Four people and good weather wouldn't be a good enough excuse, but add Katie, and maybe I'm convinced...

Unknown said...

I've never been to Florida...visiting Katie sounds like a plan to me :)

oh wait...there's this thing called school :(

Melody said...

You should go in April. Tax season is over and it shoulders the busy season so you'll get better prices on plane tickets.

Unknown said...

Well... our tax season kind of spills into May. There's business tangible personal property tax returns.

Miranda said...

I think we must drag Pauline to Florida, sun, sand, and a girls vacation before I am an old married woman! How about June?

Melody said...

Well. Bummer then.

Melody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You talk as if marriage automatically adds a decade or two to your life! Although "wife" does sound really grown-up.

Miranda said...

It does! :) Once I marry Mike I will automatically become a mother and that will age me quickly! :D

Miranda said...

a "mother" to Mike for those who don't know him :)

Unknown said...

Come on, Mike's just a guy that likes to have fun. :)

Ken said...

Ironic that when you post about going to Florida when it's cold out - that's when you get the most comments. Go figure.

Emily said...

Yay! Comments make me happy!