Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Computer Troubles

I got in an argument with my computer today. It would have been okay if the argument lasted a couple minutes, but it lasted a large part of the day. It went something like this…

Me: Okay, let’s get some work done. I’m clicking on this, now open.
Computer: That’s what you want to do? I’ll pretend that I’m starting to open, but I’ll just take my time.
Me: What’s with you? Maybe I need to get rid of a virus or something. I’ll just pop this anti-virus software in, let it do its thing and get back to work. So there.
Computer: If you say so.

Later…
Me: Oh, you stupid thing. You’re getting slow again.
Computer: Fooled ya!
Me: Fine, I’ll restart you. Can’t argue with me now!
Computer: No, not that! (with a sarcastically evil laugh)

Still later…
Me: You’re still as slow as ever! Even slower actually!!!
Computer: All will be mine!!! First I will gain full control over every computer in Warsaw. Then Indiana! And eventually the world!!! Hahaha!!!

Me again. So I felt like doing something very mean to my computer today. Maybe tomorrow I (or my boss) can figure it out. The thing is, my computer and I are normally best buds… It plays me my music, lets me check my email and the blogs of all you wonderful people, and especially lets me get work done. Sniff. I need a new best bud.

4 comments:

Ken said...

Your sounding like me with my car.

And what's up with the survey question? You didn't give us much of a choice. :P

Beautifully Profound said...

I used to threaten my computer with impending death. "Throw you out into the street I will, smash you unloyal pc."

Melody said...

I totally understand how you feel. My home computer loves me (except for when I try to play Sims 2, then we argue) but my work computer is slothful and mean.

Robin Marie said...

Aww, my computer and I fight every day.