Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hickspeak Revisited with Snow

Okay, my friends... Remember when I was poking fun at my dad's side of the family for how they pronounce some words as if they might be hicks? Well, I might be a hick, too.

Yesterday evening my Advanced Tax Topics group gave a presentation on illegal trust schemes. Whenever I was supposed to say "illegal" I ended up saying "eellegal!"

Maybe I should just give up and let my hick side envelop me, much like how Peter Parker gave in to his dark side in Spider-Man 3.

On my drive home there was enough unplowed snow that I needed to significantly lower my driving speed, but it was worth it... pretty snow! I love it when you can see the individual flakes softly falling from the sky against the backdrop of the night.

In honor of the first decent snowfall of the pre-winter season, here is Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, Danny Kaye, and some other person singing "Snow" from "White Christmas."

No comments: