Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Con of Spring

Winter left us weeks ago, letting spring have its way with the previously barren landscape. Grass has been colored green, leaves have been coaxed back onto branches and flowers have blossomed once again. I do love and appreciate the change of seasons, but, being me, I have to find at least one drawback to every good thing.

On winter nights before going to bed, I like to glance out of my window and see the smoke steadily streaming from Daltons into the deep blue sky. But now that the tree branches in my neighborhood are no longer bare, they block my view of Dalton's smoke stack. I can still make out the smoke, but without the smoke stack, the picture seems incomplete.

5 comments:

Melody said...

That's your down side?

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm weird. What would your downside to spring be?

Melody said...

The smell of fresh manure, definately.

Jonathan Erdman said...

Ur odd.

Seeing pollution eases you into a good night's sleep??????

Unknown said...

I don't equate Daltons w/ pollution (although I'm not saying they don't.) I equate it w/ home, w/ childhood. On days when Daltons smoke is strong in the air, I remember recess at Lincoln Elementary.

On a plus side, Daltons recently installed something that decreases their pollution.