Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Morning Mouse

Yesterday morning I was greeted at work by a brown mouse. As I made noise putting away my lunch in the little kitchen area, it scurried about the floor until it found a corner to squeeze into. I wasn't pleased to see it, but by the end of the day, I felt the urge to name it.

The last mouse found in our office was given the name "Emily's Mouse." I guess this was because I was the first to see it and make it known that there was a mouse. But I can't see us naming future mice Emily's Mouse 2, 3, etc.

My mind has fallen on "Mousy," but this isn't any more original. I just don't want to be one of those people who gives animals distinctly human names such as Winston or Alexandria. I find this over the top, especially for something that I want dead.

2 comments:

Melody said...

You should give the mouse a maffia name.

Unknown said...

I like that idea. I'll keep "Mousy" for this one, since it sounds semi-mafia-ish. But the next one that comes around gets an authentic mafia name.