Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Candy Happy

I stopped by Owens last night, only planning on picking up a few items... until I walked by the Halloween aisle. I got a little excited and bought a bunch of candy. But I had only grabbed a hand basket on my way in, so hauling them to the checkout involved me communicating telepathically to the basket's contents, "Don't drop, don't drop."


My early purchase makes me appear optimistic, for supposedly I believe I am capable of only eating a few pieces of candy so that there'll be plenty for trick-or-treaters come the 31st. The candy is currently stored in my absent brother's bedroom, so this should help me out.

Just a note of warning, I did sample from the Twizzlers variety pack, and I advise you to avoid this purchase. The temporal Halloween flavors resemble Play-Doh and the texture makes you wonder how many Halloweens ago it was actually made.

6 comments:

Melody said...

The Halloween candy isle depresses me. Even though I live in a sizable neighborhood the trick-or-treating does not happen on my block :(

You should give the Twizzler candies to kids who look obnoxious. It could be like a game...trying to figure out which children deserve bad candy most!

Ken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ken said...

*You want to enter your bro's room*

*You must enter your bro's room*

*Must






get








candy*

Emily said...

Melody, I kind of like your idea for the Twizzlers. I might give it some thought, however, I don't remember seeing any trick-or-treaters last year that gave off a "bad" vibe. They all seemed respectful.

Since you don't have many trick-or-treaters in your area, maybe you could borrow from the parade idea? Deck your car w/ spookiness and toss candy to people/kids you see as you drive by slowly and wave!

Emily said...

Ken, two can play that game...

(in a spooky, ominous voice)

You vant to kill your plaaaant...

Ken said...

lol