Monday, July 14, 2008

You Know This Is How I Am

My brother and I were talking this weekend. I don't remember most of what was said, but at one point my brother told me, "You know this is how I am." I immediately diverted the conversation with, "If you ever write an autobiography, that would make a great title!" And then we both started saying, "You know this is how I am," a few times aloud to test the sound of it. I think he ended up agreeing with me, but even if he didn't, I'd still like the idea.

One of my aunts has been on an Alaskan cruise for a little while and was kind enough to send us a little gift in the mail from her trip. It's some Alaskan salmon sealed in a little pouch and labeled as "Salmon Mail." When my brother came home from work the other night, my dad asked him if he'd seen the salmon-gram (as in telegram, but receiving salmon and not tele). My brother said, "No," and immediately started rifling through our assortment of cereal, thinking my dad had said "Salmon Grahams." I definitely milked this the rest of the night. (Question: Why would anyone in their right mind create a cereal with fish in it? Why?)

To finish this post off and create a third little item (threes are good), I found out that if anyone ever needs me to apply butterfly bandages to an open wound, they can count on me to finish the job without getting lightheaded. I was very surprised. My mom didn't fair so well, though. And my dad wasn't even in the room. Oh, yeah! (My brother had a little mishap at his factory job but is well.)

8 comments:

Melody said...

I agree, that would be a good title.

lol, good job harassing your brother - that's hillarious.

Melody said...

Re: The Poll

What kind of toys are you wishing you could borrow?

Unknown said...

Nope. No can do.

Unknown said...

Anyone who had one and saw this would almost feel obligated to offer to let me borrow.

Melody said...

So? I can't think of too many things people would have a problem letting someone borrow. Most people are happy to loan out their stuff - and if they're not...they'll pretend they don't own the item in question.

Unknown said...

This is an item that if you have one, almost everyone knows. And its not so easy to lend out. I didn't mean to make a big deal, I just felt like putting up a poll but couldn't think of anything to create one on.

Melody said...

lol, you didn't make it a big deal, I did.

Emily said...

My brother doesn't think he deserves being made fun of for "Salmon Grahams." He says, "How was I supposed to know?" He had just looked at a box of honey grahams and had cereal on his mind.