Friday, June 27, 2008

A Reason for Warsaw


Earlier this week a classmate of mine asked me about Warsaw. He wanted to know what it offered in terms of entertainment and activities that South Bend doesn't have. Even though I can say that I love Warsaw (and also Winona Lake), I have to admit that he took me off guard. I didn't know what to say. After pausing, I said something about music in the summer at Winona Lake, the many lakes our county has, etc. He then asked if Warsaw and Winona Lake are comparable in size to South Bend and Fort Wayne. This I found funny. He's not from the area, let alone the country, so I can't blame him for not knowing that the answer is obvious to pretty much everyone else.


This encounter brought a verse to mind: "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect" (1 Peter 3:15).

2 comments:

Melody said...

10 Days without posting is excessive.

Emily said...

No need to fear! New post is here!