Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chocolate Messages

I eat a piece of Dove chocolate every weekday after I finish my lunch. Each piece is individually wrapped in foil with a message printed on the inside. They say things like, "Go to your special place," and "Definitely a bubble bath day." Most of the time I don't like what they say.

At first I thought I could come up with some good ones, but then I felt stumped. All I came up with was, "I don't know." Really catchy (although it seems to be the theme of my life). So I was thinking that maybe wonderful people such as yourselves would be able to come up with better ideas for the messages.

First off, what types of messages should be used? Stick with the same basic idea of nice, fuzzy thoughts, but upgrade them a bit? Or what about messages that a magic eight ball might provide? Insults? Quotes from movies?

What would make really good messages for someone reaching for that necessary piece of afternoon chocolate?

5 comments:

Melody said...

I think I'd want something witty on my chocolate wrapper.

Unknown said...

I'd want something funny. Laughter and chocolate... mmm...

Miranda said...

Forget the message, just give me the CHOCOLATE!!!!!

Jonathan Erdman said...

If I were the one in charge of the writing, I'd just put "Go ahead, have another piece of chocolate....I won't tell" on the inside of each one.

Or how about, "Betcha can't eat just one!" Or is that already taken???

Unknown said...

I ran out! I was going to get more chocolate over the weekend, but I forgot, and now I have no chocolate to end my lunch with!

I'm liking the suggestions so far. Funny is good. And Jon's suggestions that taunt/tempt are a nice touch. But I thought "Betcha can't eat just one!" is already taken by another candy company. Maybe it's just similar.