Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Hidden Talent

I have a hidden talent. Yes, that's right. Out of everything I do and am capable of, there's only one thing that can fall under the qualification of both "hidden" and "talent." Thankfully, once I share this with you, it can still be considered hidden because I am not widely read. (Yes! The benefits of being an unknown!)

So what is this hidden talent? After not being exposed to a clock for a period of time, I can guess the approximate time of day. (We're not talking about "morning" or "afternoon" but actual times.) On occasion I even correctly guess the time to the exact minute. For some reason this gives me great satisfaction.

The guess that I am most proud of was sometime in the summer or fall of 2007. I had gone to bed at a somewhat reasonable hour, but woke up an unknown period of time later in the darkness of my bedroom. Without any indicators as to the time of night/early morning, I correctly guessed the exact minute. (Although today I do not remember what it was.)

The most recent correct guess wasn't as amazing, but it did involve me "winning" against a certain boyfriend who will remain nameless.

5 comments:

Ken said...

hmm, I wonder who that could be...

darn internal clock.

Anonymous said...

Unless you have a multitude of boyfriends now, I don't think Ken can hide his loss.

Way to go Em, we need to keep track of every win, even if it is something small! :)

Ken said...

stop encouraging her Miranda. I will win one... eventually...

there has to be something she isn't right about... I just gotta figure out what it is.

Emily said...

We shall see soon enough...

Emily said...

Actually, someone's being a little modest... There was the time that my lack of direction got me all confused. I thought something was north when it was really east. Something like that.