Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ronald Reagan Poll

Those who voted seemed to think that Ronald Reagan's time in office is common knowledge for someone in their twenties. The reason I wanted to know what you think, is when my dad found out I knew, he was surprised.

He had been recounting to me what he remembered of the 1976 election, explaining that Reagan had run but not won. When he made a point of saying he didn't win in '76 I sarcastically asked, "He didn't?" Except my dad didn't realize I was being sarcastic and kept explaining to me what happened. Then I had to let him know that I thought it was common knowledge, he was amazed that I would know this...

Considering the fact that politics is one of the most talked about subjects in my house (especially during this season of election), you'd think my dad would know better. Or maybe I just need to be obvious when I'm sarcastic, putting on a ridiculous grin and emphasizing what I'm saying.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I let my dad know about the poll results. He seems impressed. On occasion my dad catches Jaywalking on Jay Leno's Tonight Show, so he gets the impression that us younguns don't know much.