Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bleeding Love

I listen to the radio on the way to and from South Bend Tuesday nights. Last night I heard a song that, at first, confused me. Then I was just plain disgusted and horrified. I think the lyrics are meant to be sweet, but I find them disturbing. Here's an excerpt:
Bleeding Love (Leona Lewis)

But I don't care what they say
I'm in love with you
They try to pull me away
But they don't know the truth
My heart's crippled by the vein
That I keep on closing
You cut me open and I

Keep bleeding
Keep, keep bleeding love
I keep bleeding
I keep, keep bleeding love
Keep bleeding
Keep, keep bleeding love
You cut me open
If the style of the song was hard rock, I don't think I'd care. These lyrics could be considered tame. But Leona's voice is similar to Celine Dion's and the style is reminiscent of a 1980's Whitney Houston dance track. I could just be overreacting. What do you think?

4 comments:

Miranda said...

I don't think the song is too bad. I think she is just using it to illustrate that she tries to stop loving a person who cheats, but can't. I do find the music video a bit strange though.

Ken said...

I remember first hearing the song and thought it twisted, but then, Miranda's explanation kinda makes sense I guess.

Unknown said...

Oh, that makes a bit more sense. I didn't realize it's about cheating...

And upon listening to it a few times, it's gotten stuck in my head.

Robin Marie said...

never heard the song before, but it reminds me of a girl I'm friends with who is still "in love with" a guy who just doesn't treat her well (among other things). At all.